Millenium Falcon Belt Buckle

 
The Millenium Falcon, flying through space
Many of my friends are Star Trek fans, in a pretty hard-core way, and much time in social gatherings has been spent discussing Star Trek movies, the themes in movies and shows, the larger moral/political meaning of the plot lines, and the relative value of Star Trek versus Star Wars. 

I'm a big Star Wars fan, not because I think it's somehow superior in content to Star Trek, but because the original movies were amazing, were done in stop-motion, and were just awesome to watch.  It saddens me that the DVDs have been remastered so that all of the stop-motion stuff has been replaced with CGI, and it's just *not as good*.  Everyone assumes that CGI is superior in special effects to everything else, but I think the o.g. Star Wars trilogy is the ultimate counter-example.  That said, if anyone has the original VHS tapes and wants to share them, I have a VCR in top condition.  We can be old-school together.

These considerations aside, and mostly because it's Friday, and I'm looking forward to a weekend in Ottawa with two of my girlfriends, and because I love walking around going "pew pew!  pew pew pew!", I'm wearing my Millenium Falcon belt buckle.  All shall behold its glory!

The Millenium Falcon, sitting on my belt

Comments

  1. oh my fucking god. i had no idea you'd gotten this (i'm WAY behind on net stuff). I FUCKING LOVE THIS A LOT. dear god. so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I've been looking for a Millenium Falcon belt buckle EVERYWHERE and I can't find it for the life of me, where did you get/how did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I got it at a store in Montreal, Quebec, called General 54 back when I was living down the street from it. I don't remember the name of the artist who made the buckle - they also made/make a line of buckles/necklaces/etc with Montreal's Metro logo. General 54's website is here: http://general54.blogspot.com/, and there's contact info, so you could email and ask them!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I will definitely check it out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts